More Than a Splash of Color

More than a design element, an original painting tells a story. Perhaps that of a farmer's relationship with nature, or a fisherman's return home. Of small town life or of a family's vacation. Not a mass produced poster, but the reaction of an artist standing the street, recording his impression with pencil and watercolor. Each story is unique, yours alone to enjoy.

This has been my life, for over 50 years, interpreting local scenes and experiences. In addition to scenes of my own choosing, I have been commissioned to paint private homes, historic buildings, and many Washington DC icons, including the White House, federal building and monuments. I escaped from a job in a corporate art department and have been following my imagination ever since.

I hope you enjoy browsing my gallery.


Saturday

Vienna and Northern Virginia

Original Water colors

Vienna Train Station
Original, 24 x 30, $300
Print, 11 x 14 (contact Ken Frye)

The Old Stone House, Old Town Alexandria 
Original, 18 x 24, $300
Print, 11 x 14,  (contact Ken Frye)

The Freeman House, Church Street, Vienna
Print, 11 x 14,  (contact Ken Frye)


 A Street in Waterford, a Few Years Back
Original Oil Painting, 14 x 20, $700


 Difficult Run
Original, 20 x 26, $375

Vienna Art Center
Original, 25 x 30, $400

No comments:

Post a Comment